McCain is looking for an Outside Sales Representative to call on and manage public agencies, consultants, and other influential organizations within given territory to establish relationships with the Engineering, Operations, Maintenance, and Purchasing departments.
Provide the highest quality of customer service and support to our current and future customers. The sales representative will cover the following territories:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Los Angeles County
- Orange County
- Riverside County
- San Bernardino County
- San Diego County
- Develop and maintain a detailed sales and support plan for territory.
- Meet sales and profit goals for given territory.
- Travel daily within the territory to visit customers, potential customers and specifiers.
- Maintain consistent contact with customers to maintain a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Develop a daily agenda of customer visits to demonstrate current and speculative products and assist in customer hardware decisions including new product development. Determine the customers’ needs.
- Get McCain Manufactured products specified.
- Get distributed products specified.
- Provide accurate reports on daily activities to supervisor at regular intervals.
- Maintain detailed files on previous, current and future customer product presentations and associated meetings.
- Travel to trade shows within and outside of the territory. This may include nights and weekends.
- Participate in required training (product, computer, sales, etc) within and outside of the territory.
- Keep company informed on competitive products, promotional matter, sales techniques, pricing, warranty, and marketing policies. Complete product and market research reports as directed by Management.
- Communicate as needed with Customer Service, Sales Management, Marketing Management and other internal personnel via phone, fax, and email regarding customer activities on a regular basis.
- Maintain a home office to conduct business exclusively for McCain.
- Submit expense reports within required time.
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interact with customers and all levels of personnel in a professional manner.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain highest level of professionalism under pressure.
- Computer literacy and have working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Ability to do presentations in front of people.
- Minimum 5 years of related sales experience.
- Ability to travel approximately 80% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales or Marketing preferred.
- Some traffic industry experience or technical background that’s equivalent is strongly preferred.
What’s in it for you?
- A GREAT work environment with fun, friendly, knowledgeable and helpful team members.
- Stability that provides you with a place to grow and succeed in your career path.
- Excellent salary to match your skills and qualifications.
- Excellent benefits that includes medical/dental/life/ltd/ insurances, tuition reimbursement, a company-matched 401(k) plan, and more.
If this is what you are looking for and you meet the minimum requirements, we want to hear from you! Submit your resume email@example.com indicating the job title. Please visit us at www.mccain-inc.com. McCain is an equal opportunity employer.
McCain is an equal opportunity employer
Read more Traffic Signal news on theDOTreport.net
Subscribe to our newsletter
Submit resume to: